In 2004, the RVDA of Canada retained Impact Public Affairs (IPA) to monitor the activities of Members of Parliament and government departments relevant to the RV industry. This has allowed the RVDA of Canada to effectively advocate to government and communicate strategically with the public on issues and legislative initiatives that impact the RV industry.
Our national advocacy program was initiated to ensure that the industry :
- achieves recognition and has an effective voice with government officials of all parties; and
- is proactive and establishes itself as a valuable source of industry insight to government as it develops legislation rather than attempting to change legislation after the fact.
- a national board meeting, featuring industry discussions, updates and executive briefings on the state of government and relevant legislative items
- a networking reception with MPs
- a full day of meetings between board members and various MPs, Ministers, and representatives of other pertinent departments and organizations.
- Buy local strategies
- Safety regulations
- Tourism: co-branding and cooperative efforts
- Government Pre-Budget submissions
- Access to skilled workers
- Human resources and education grants
- Investment in National Parks
- Environmental issues
- Small Business tax issues
We welcome your input
RVDA of Canada strives to ensure a healthy economic and legislative environment for its members. If there are issues you believe RVDA of Canada should advocate for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local, grassroots efforts can make a huge impact on the direction undertaken by government. Our Parliamentary Partners kit offers general tips and tools for you to use.