Code of Ethics
RVDA Code of EthicsUpon membership into a provincial or regional association of the RVDA of Canada and as a member in good standing, businesses will abide by the following Code of Ethics.
RVDA of Canada members shall, at all times:
- conduct their businesses in a professional manner as well as maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- agree to strive for exceptional customer service at all times.
- refrain from making any statement or conducting themselves in any manner which may bring discredit to the association or other members of the association.
- support programs and initiatives, which increase education and professional development within the RV Industry.
- not condone hiring practices, which may place fellow members in jeopardy.
- not discriminate against any customer, employee or supplier on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
- respect and deal honestly with customers, suppliers and employees at all times.
- resolve customer concerns promptly and courteously.
- merchandise their RV industry products and services honestly, without false promise or misrepresentation.
- not engage in false or misleading advertising, nor will they misrepresent any vehicle, product or service to a customer.
- not participate in any form of price fixing or any other unethical marketing practice.
- maintain a policy of complete compliance with all existing laws and regulations governing their business operation.
- treat with respect all regulatory personnel who may have jurisdiction over the business' activity.
- hold confidential any privileged information entrusted or made known and shall not disclose this information without permission to any third party except as required by law.
RVDA members found to be in violation of the above code of ethics will face fines and risk the possibility of having their membership and privileges suspended or revoked at the discretion of their provincial or regional association.
This Code of Ethics binds not only the principal contact but the entire member business and staff.